Updated October 20, 2018
We created the tilr platform to be an unbiased and positive community for everyone, whether you’re an independent contract worker (Community Member) or you’re a business (Client).
Use the Golden Rule
As a tilr Community Member choosing to accept an opportunity with a Client, you’ve made the promise to perform and deliver upon all aspects of the assignment. Show up and be on time. Be reliable. Be awesome. Be respectful. You were given the offer because you have the skills that match the work that needs to be done, so this is your time to shine, further develop your professional skills, and get paid.
As a Client choosing to post an opportunity, you’ve made the promise to offer legitimate work shift(s) with an accurate description of the work requirements and expectations, and a safe and respectful work environment. Community Members’ livelihoods and paychecks depend on the authenticity of your commitment, so we simply ask that you be real and recognize that they’re committed to helping you take care of business.
BE REAL, BE INTENTIONAL, AND BOOK RESPONSIBLY.
Visit our website, check us out on social media, download our app, chat with us, or speak live with our staff – we wholeheartedly welcome window shopping and are so excited that you stopped by to learn more. And then, when you’re ready to post work shifts as a Client or get matched for opportunities as a Community Member, we’ll be ready to go when you are. Clients are running a business for which they need work done and Community Members are contributing their skills to help earn a living.
We understand that sometimes, unexpected things in life come up and force you to change course. As a Community Member, we get you might need to back out of an accepted assignment; and as a Client, we get you might need to change or cancel a posted work opportunity. Whatever the cause may be, understand that because of our interdependence for success, your actions affect everyone else. So, please do everything you genuinely can to fulfill your commitments. And when you simply cannot, we ask that you’re forthcoming, honest, and timely with notifying us at tilr so we can help find alternative solutions. We really mean it that we’re here to create positive, two thumbs up outcomes for everyone.
GIVE THE GIFT OF FEEDBACK.
Whether you are a Community Member or Client, you are asked to rate your experience at the end of each shift completed. Real-time feedback allows us all to learn, to be accountable to each other and to continually improve the quality of your experiences.
Why Members can lose access to tilr
This policy explains the kinds of behavior that may lead a Community Member to lose access to tilr.
- Attendance and reliability issues. We believe that if you accepted a work opportunity, you truly intend to live up to that commitment. Be on time, ready to work, and fulfill the duties for the full duration of the assignment. No-call, no-showing or canceling within forty-eight (48) hours of the start of any shift takes away from creating positive experiences. By accepting an opportunity, you made a promise that we expect you to keep – not only because the Client is now relying on your help, but it also means other Community Members then become ineligible for that same opportunity. We recognize that sometimes, something unexpected comes up in life that causes you to not be able to fulfill the assignment, and in those instances, simply contact the Customer Success team as soon as possible. If you no-show for shifts, your account status will be determined by tilr in its sole discretion.
- Assignments well done and workplace safety. We believe you go to work with pride. That means performing to the best of your knowledge, skills and abilities, and behaving in ways to promote strong productivity and support a safe work environment. We expect you to conduct yourself with good judgment. You were matched to an opportunity because you have the right skills to achieve success, so show them off by demonstrating great, consistent, high quality work. Safety in the workplace is absolutely non-negotiable, and you contribute to that outcome. We expect that your actions while on tilr assignments promote these expectations. Actions that threaten the safety of Clients, other tilr Community Members or any other parties involved will be investigated and could lead to permanent deactivation of your account.
- Rude or inappropriate behavior. We believe people are good and always try to do the right thing. We expect you to be professional, respectful, and safe, no matter the work environment or assignment. This includes refraining from inappropriate physical contact with Clients or fellow tilr Community Members and not using offensive language or making offensive gestures or actions. It means not being under the influence of alcohol or other drugs. It means not breaking the law. It means zero tolerance for discrimination of any kind. These are just a few examples of being professional while on shift. If you have questions or are experiencing any challenges, please contact the tilr team.
We reserve the right to contact you and to investigate if we are made aware of any issues – including, but not limited to the above examples – that damage the integrity of tilr or diminish the ability for any parties to have thumbs up experiences. In some instances, we may suspend your account pending conclusion of the investigation, and/or permanently deactivating your account. If your actions involve violence, sexual misconduct, harassment, discrimination, or illegal activity while on a work assignment via tilr, it can result in the immediate loss of access to your account.
Why Clients can lose access to tilr
This policy explains the kinds of behavior that may lead a Client losing access to tilr.
- Business integrity. We strive to work with only legitimate and aboveboard Clients, doing business to fulfill a true marketplace need and to provide goods and/or services for the betterment of the economy. As part of our mission to create and deliver an unbiased and positive community for everyone, we work with Clients we’ve inspected, so expect that we’re conducting due diligence, including credit checks and continuous monitoring. If we discover any issues that may compromise the integrity of a Client, whether it be due to ethics, fraudulence, trustworthiness, decency, illegal activities, financial stability, or any other diminishment of being a quality business or related representative(s) of the business, tilr reserves the right to investigate, suspend, and/or deactivate access as we see fit. Final determination will be made by tilr in its sole discretion.
- Safety issues. We presume that businesses strive for and support a positive, law-abidingwork environment, including workplace safety, supervision, and commitment to best practices as set by their respective industries, government regulations and all relevant federal, state, and local laws. If you posted a work opportunity on tilr’s platform, we believe you truly intend to provide a legitimate assignment, within a safe environment, and the proper supervision or support to promote successful outcomes for all parties.
- Rude or inappropriate behavior. We believe people are good and always strive to do the right thing. So we expect you to be professional, respectful, and safe – no matter the work environment or assignment. This includes refraining from inappropriate physical contact with Community Members, not using offensive language, or making offensive gestures or actions. It means not being under the influence of alcohol or other drugs. It means not breaking the law, nor suggesting or enabling a Community Member to do so. It means zero tolerance for discrimination of any kind. These are just a few examples of business integrity. If you have questions or are experiencing any challenges, please contact the tilr team.
We reserve the right to contact you and investigate if we are made aware of any issues – including, but not limited to the above examples – that damage the integrity of tilr or diminish the ability for any parties to have thumbs up experiences. In some instances, we may suspend your account pending conclusion of the investigation, and/or permanently deactivating your account. If your actions involve violence, sexual misconduct, harassment, discrimination, or illegal activity while posting or providing a work assignment via tilr, it can result in the immediate deactivation of your account.